It’s been almost exactly five weeks since my last screed decrying the sad state of this country. This has been a combination of intent, as I truly do understand how tedious this material can be, combined with being busier with other things as Summer gets into high gear. I much prefer to write about the gardens, mountains and the other beautiful and interesting places I’m lucky enough to experience.
But I’ve much pent up, and again it spills over. This is my release valve; writing these words helps me personally order the chaos we now live with every day.
Last night I caught some of the primetime propaganda bestowed upon us by “The U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol”. Never in my life did I imagine that this country would elect such a collection of ignorant, narcissistic, uneducated and tone-deaf people to positions of government authority. But we have, and it was all on display last night, across all networks. “In Living Color”, as the saying once went.
As far as I’m concerned, before entertaining any of the bullshit narrative proffered, these questions need to be addressed by the august Committee:
- If Donald Trump had the intent to promote insurrection at the Capitol, why did his administration offer up National Guard protection days before January 6th, an offer refused by Speaker Pelosi?
- Why did Capitol Police remove the barriers and allow – encourage!- the protestors to enter the Capitol?
- Why hasn’t Ray Epps been arrested for inciting the “insurrection”? There is more evidence of his involvement than of many others that have been arrested with little or no direct evidence.
- The only person that died that day due to violence was unarmed Ashli Babbitt, shot by Capitol Police Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd. Why has there not been a public inquiry into this shooting?
- When will the seditious and treasonous charges an insurrection usually warrants be levied against those responsible? Or, to put it another way, how much longer will Americans be denied their due process, and be detained in prison for misdemeanor charges? Or without being charged at all?
Painting an unconvincing, disjointed and unsupported picture, these Congresscritters truly must think the average American is an imbecile. It’s quite obvious that the Democrat figurehead in the White House and his handlers think they are. Sleepy Creepy Joe misses no chance to drop outright lies to the people, as evidenced any time he opens his mouth and speaks. Sometimes we even understand what he’s saying.
According to Biden, the economy is great, COVID is still a threat, inflation isn’t that bad and it’s all Putin’s fault. In reality, he was handed a solid, well-performing economy in January 2021 and immediately proceeded to break it all down. Gasoline prices have more than doubled, inflation is approaching double-digits and we’re as close to a nuclear war as we’ve ever been. The Crona Plague has disappeared from the national and world stage. Monkeypox is the latest viral play.
Everything this Progressive-Left regime touches turns to shit, and many believe it’s intentional.
There is some hope. The safety valve for “Our Democracy” has always been its elections. We’re all holding on for November when even the corrupt legacy media expect the Democrats to lose the House and Senate. One hopes this will set the stage for a return to some semblance of governance normalcy, if the ranking Republican members of the Beltway Uniparty play ball. Historically they don’t. Maybe they’ll be scared straight should the Trump Effect continue to dominate.
Or, is something worse in store for us all? Right now I attribute the economic and social insanity to the last governance gasp of incompetent, feckless and narcissistic progressives, desperate to hold onto power. But what if the deck is already stacked for November? We’ve all seen that the entrenched professional class in the DC Swamp are staunch supporters of the corrupt Left. DOJ, FBI, CIA……..all in. What if the tyrannical acts we are experiencing right now are nothing more than the opening moves of a regime that knows nothing changes after November 8th?
I’m hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. It’s going to be a long summer, and now I’m heading back out to the garden for a while. Thanks for stopping by.